NEW INCOMING 9th GRADERS FOR 2019 – 2020 SCHOOL YEAR
We will be registering incoming 9th graders for the 2019 – 2020 school year in April. If your student is currently attending one of the public middle schools that feed into QHHS, you will be receiving a registration letter in the middle of March.
If you have a student who is currently attending 8th grade at a private school, please call the Guidance Office at the beginning of March so we can verify your address put your name on our mailing list for registration in April.
Information required for registration in April will be:
- 2 utility bills in parent/guardian name with address in the QHHS boundaries
- Up-to-date Immunization records for the student.
- Report card or progress report for the student if you are requesting Honors classes
- IEP, 504, or any other special accommodations for the student, if applicable.
If you live outside of the QHHS attendance boundaries, you will need to apply for Open Enrollment, which is available in February. You will not be able to attend the April registration unless you have received an approval letter from the AVUHSD office.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please call the Guidance office at 661-718-3100 ext. 141 or 142. Our hours are 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Our application for new incoming registration is now done online, and we require information from you before you can complete the online process and registration codes are given.
Registration hours are 7:30 - 9:30, Monday - Thursday. Registration is walk-in - no appointment necessary.
Please call the Guidance office at 661-718-3100 Ext. 141, so that we can gather the information needed and email you the proper online application instructions with specific application codes for your student, so you can be prepared when you come in for your registration.
The items needed for registration are:
- 2 utility bills in parent name
- Transcript, withdrawal and immunization records for the student
- We also require the SRIC form, Course Selection Sheet, and Infosnap complete. (Please see below for copies)
NEW INCOMING REGISTRATION PROCESS
PLEASE SEE THE NEW INCOMING STUDENT REGISTRATION PROCESS BELOW IN THE ATTACHMENTS
1. PLEASE READ the Registration letter below for specific information. This will inform you of all of the requirements needed for a smooth transition to Quartz Hill High School.
2. SRIC Form -Needs to be printed out and completed.
3. Course Selection Sheet - Students will choose their classes by using this form. Note that the Course Description Book is linked below should you need clarification on what a subject covers.
4. Should you need any Health or Medication Forms please use this link to access the forms: LINK
5. Print out the Health Office Registration half sheet below and have it completed when you arrive.
6. Please make sure that you read the letter below as it also lists additional items that you are required to have with you to complete the final registration process.