Below is the current protocol for students who are feeling ill AND for those who may be undergoing symptoms related to COVID-19. Please make sure to fill out the QH Reporting Form (links here and below) to report all COVID-related issues so we can help provide assistance to all of our stakeholders. Thank you for your help in keeping our students and families safe!
If any student is feeling ill, we ask that the student remains home and parents/guardians email the QHHS Attendance Office (email@example.com) or by calling (661) 718-3100 ext 870 for Last Names A-K, and ext. 871 for last names L-Z to clear the absence.
If a student is feeling any of the following symptoms that are consistent with possible COVID-19 (fever of 100.4 degrees or more, a new cough (different from baseline), vomiting, or any new onset diarrhea) OR any other symptoms of illness that could possibly be COVID related:
- TEST FOR COVID - Once you receive the test results, please fill out THIS FORM whether positive or negative, so we are aware and can further assist.
- Contact our Attendance Office to clear the student's absence via email QHHS Attendance Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling (661) 718-3100 ext 870 for Last Names A-K, and ext. 871 for last names L-Z.
**If the student tests negative, please have them remain home until their condition improves, being fever-free without fever-reducing medication for 24 hrs. If the student receives a Dr. note stating they can return, please follow the suggestions by the student's physician. Also, please contact the attendance office (as noted above) to ensure the student's absences are cleared.
**If the student Tests Positive, follow the LA County COVID-19 Isolation Instructions for People with COVID-19 & LET US KNOW by CLICKING HERE and filling out the QH COVID Reporting & Follow-up Form
Key Concepts from Protocol:
- Isolation days begin at 5 & go up to 10 - Day 0 is the day the positive test is taken or symptoms begin
- A protective mask must be worn at all times when around others
- Take a COVID test on or after Day 5; if negative AND have been fever-free for 24 hrs (without fever-reducing medication), AND have no symptoms or symptoms are improving, LET US KNOW by completing the QH COVID Reporting & Followup Form
- If the student tests positive on the 5th day, OR the student hasn't tested at all and/or knows that the student needs to be out for the full 10 days, please contact us and fill out this form for Short-Term Independent Study so the student can retain credits while they are out
**For further information, feel free to contact our Health Office and see further details below from the Health Department.