The following are required prior to participation in any sport:
- Athletic Code of Ethics
- Concussion Sheet
- Risk of Injury Form
- A blue physical card must be completed by a doctor.
- A yellow athletic eligibility clearance card and packet must be completed and signed by parent/guardian.
All of the above documents are available from the Athletics Secretary in the Administration Office. All completed and signed documents must be returned to the Athletic Office before participation in practice or tryouts. Please allow 48 hours for clearance.
For each additional sport students must complete:
- Parent/guardian must complete additional yellow emergency card and green secondary sport card.
- Student must return the cards to the Athletic Office before practice or tryouts begin.
Insurance for Athletics:
California Education Code Sec. 32221 requires every athletic team member to have accidental body injury insurance of at least $1,500 medical and hospital benefits. If student has required medical insurance coverage, fill in the information with the name of the insurance company and policy number on pink emergency card.
- Cross Country
- Golf (Girls)
- Tennis (Girls)
- Volleyball (Girls)
- Basketball (Boys)
- Basketball (Girls)
- Soccer (Boys)
- Soccer (Girls)
- Golf (Boys)
- Tennis (Boys)
- Track & Field
- Volleyball (Boys)
Athletic – Academic – Activities Letters
Letters are only worn on the QH Letterman jacket with “Columbia” blue shell and white leather sleeves. Jackets are purchased at student’s expense at various sporting goods and trophy shops in the Antelope Valley. No variations to this jacket are allowed.
- Academic Letter – students must be enrolled in 6 classes; 4 of the 6 classes must meet the entrance requirements for the University of California system; and a grade point average of 3.66 or above must be maintained for two consecutive semesters.
- Athletic Letters – each sport has different requirements, see coaches for details.
- Leadership – See Mr. Manthey
- Band – see Mr. De La Vega
- Drama – see Drama teacher